Professional tile removal company in Newcastle, NSW When revamping your home or office, one crucial…
Experts in tile removal in Newcastle
Are you looking for a professional tiles removal service?
Tiles Removal Newcastle are a professional when it comes to tiles removal. We have years of experience and our team of experts will make sure that your tiles are removed quickly and efficiently, with as little mess as possible.
Our team is passionate about their work and we always go the extra mile to ensure that our customers are happy with the service they receive. We know that getting your tiles removed can be a stressful experience, so we do everything we can to make it as easy for you as possible.
Contact us today at (02) 4003 6092 for a free quote on our tiles removal services!
What to do before you start
Tile removal is the process of taking out old or damaged tiles and replacing them with new ones. It can be a messy and time-consuming job, but it’s important to do it correctly so that your new tiles look great and last for years to come.
Before you start, there are a few things you need to do in order to prepare:
- Clear the area where you’ll be working. This means moving any furniture or other items out of the way so that you have a clear workspace.
- Cover the floor with a tarp or drop cloth. This will help to protect your floor from scratches and debris.
- Wear protective clothing. Gloves, goggles, and a dust mask are all essential items to wear while removing tiles.
Now that you’re prepared, it’s time to start removing those old tiles!
How to remove tiles using the right tools and techniques
Tile removal needs specific tools and techniques, which vary according to the type of tile and adhesive used.
There are two main types of tile adhesive: water-based and solvent-based. Water-based adhesives are the most common type and are used with ceramic, porcelain, and mosaic tiles. Solvent-based adhesives, on the other hand, are typically used with natural stone tiles.
Some top tips in the tiles removal process are;
– Use the right tools: You’ll need a good quality chisel and hammer to remove tiles. An electric tile cutter will also make the job easier.
– Score the tile surface: Use the chisel to score around the edge of each tile. This will help break the bond between the adhesive and the tile.
– Apply pressure: Gently tap the chisel with the hammer to release the tile. Start from one corner and work your way around.
– Remove tile adhesive: Once all the tiles have been removed, use a putty knife or scraper to remove any residual adhesive.
– Clean up: Use a vacuum cleaner or broom to clean up any dust or debris.
Tips for avoiding common problems
There are common problems that arise in tiles removal jobs. Here are some tips on how to avoid them:
– Use the right tools: Make sure you have the proper tools for the job.
– Work slowly and carefully: rushing the job will increase the chances of breaking tiles and leaving behind adhesive.
– Be prepared for the mess: Tile removal can be a messy job. Cover floors and surfaces with drop cloths or old towels to protect them from debris.
– Have a plan: Before starting, map out where each tile will be removed from. This will help avoid leaving behind adhesive or grout.
– Work in small sections: Trying to remove too many tiles at once can be difficult and time-consuming. Work in small sections so you can focus on each tile individually.
What to do after you’ve removed the tiles
After a tile removal process, it’s important to patch any holes or cracks in the surface. You can do this by using a concrete patching compound. Once the surface is smooth, you can then paint or tile over it.
If you’re planning on removing tiles from your home, following these expert tips will help ensure the job is done quickly and efficiently. Tiles Removal Newcastle is here to help you in every step.
Why choose us?
Tiles Removal Newcastle are the professional when it comes to tiles removal. We have a team of experienced and qualified staff that will be more than happy to help you with your tiles removal needs. No job is too big or too small for us, so call us today for a free quote!
Tiles Removal Newcastle
Address: 3/82 Selwyn Street Merewether NSW 2291
Telephone: (02) 4003 6092